Lyon is the gastronomy French capital of the world. The city is famous for its “bouchons” and cooked meats. But, on a sweet note the praline pie is delicious. Here is the recipe in order for you to bake a homemade pie.
Pie for 6 people
For the pie pastry:
– 200g of flour
– 80g of icing sugar
– 100g of butter
– 1 egg
– 1 pinch of salt
For the topping:
– 350g of pink pralines
– 300g of thick cream
Preparation for the pastry:
1. Mix the soft butter with the sugar and the salt in a bowl.
2. Add the egg and the flour. Shape the dough to make a ball.
3. Put cellophane on the bowl. Put in a cool room for 30 minutes.
4. Take the dough out a few minutes before using to prevent it from being too hard.
5. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin and verify the regularity of the dough.
6. Put the flat dough in a pie-baking pan covered with grease-proof paper. If there is too much dough cut the excess.
7. Be sure the dough is well pushed into the baking pan.
8. Stab the bottom of the dough with a fork and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
9. Then blind bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C.
For the topping:
1. Grind the pink pralines.
2. In a pan, bring the pralines with the cream to a boil.
3. Boil and then let it cook until a candy thermometer reads 112°C, then stop the cooking.
4. Once the topping is warm, pour it on the pastry and let it cool down at room temperature.
5. Keep in the fridge until you serve it.
Enjoy your pie!
Please tell us in the comments below how your homemade pink praline pie turned out.
Written by Pauline S.
I am an 18-year-old girl from Thonon-les-Bains in Haute-Savoie, near Geneva. I’m part of the International Program at ISEG Marketing & Communication School in Lyon. I choose this program because I love English and I am very interested in working abroad. In fact, I love discovering new countries, new cultures and new people. I am fond of travel. I also like photography especially when I can take pictures of a new place. I hope this program will give me the opportunity to exercise both of my passions.